BioHackers Podcast Season 2 Ep. 2 – Generative AI in Education featuring Julie Johnston
June 15, 2023
David James Clarke IV and Alex Feltus featuring Julie Johnston
Welcome to Episode 2 of Season 2 of the BioHackers Podcast!
In this episode, David and Alex welcome education innovator and AI evangelist Julie Johnston to the show. Together, they share their perspectives on Gen-AI and the fast-approaching future of education, including challenges for faculty, the speed of change, new assessment models, AI mentoring, and how educators are building policies around the use of Generative AI in the classroom. Disclaimer: Praxis AI is a human-first organization.😊
Watch the Video Podcast on YouTube: https://youtu.be/yQhaaxzpHNM
Listen to the audio version wherever you get your Podcasts: https://www.biohackerspod.com
Here is a list of topics:
- Welcome to Season 2 Episode 2 (00:00)
- Thoughts on Generative AI? (02:09)
- Speed of Change – 16 Lobes in Her Brain (04:17)
- Welcome Julie to the Show (06:49)
- Why Is Julie in Higher Ed? Cool Stuff at IU? (07:40)
- Challenges in Generative AI? (10:10)
- Generative AI’s Insane Adoption Curve (12:28)
- Professor vs AI Balance (16:59)
- Assessment of Embedding Pria into Alex’s Work (21:34)
- Future of Learning After Generative AI (30:09)
- Alex’s Take on the Future of Learning (31:07)
- The Impact of An AI Infused Workplace on Education (36:50)
- How Are Educators Creating AI Policies? (45:45)
- Closing Thoughts (55:34)
Enjoy the Show!
Thanks for your support: https://www.patreon.com/praxisai
Welcome to Season 2 Episode 2
Thoughts on Generative AI?
Speed of Change – 16 Lobes in Her Brain
Welcome Julie to the Show
Why Is Julie in Higher Ed? Cool Stuff at IU?
Challenges in Generative AI?
Generative AI’s Insane Adoption Curve
Assessment of Embedding Pria into Alex’s Work
Future of Learning After Generative AI
Alex’s Take on the Future of Learning
The Impact of An AI Infused Workplace on Education
How Are Educators Creating AI Policies?