Welcome to Episode 10 of the BioHackers Podcast!
In this episode, David and Alex welcome Ayurveda experts Dr. Shivani Gupta and Reed Bender. Together, they explore the confluence of ancient Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric as a healing agent, and modern biochemistry. The result is a wonderful 5,000-year journey into a hopeful, healthier future.
Watch the Video Podcast on YouTube: https://youtu.be/DWb190Ov774
Sign up for the “BioHacking Turmeric” BioHackathon (Free): https://forms.gle/3RCzBd421RUnHopFA
Here is a list of topics:
- Welcome to Episode 10 (00:00)
- Ayurveda – Polygenic Effects (01:54)
- Biochemistry Machines (03:45)
- Welcome Shivani and Reed to the Show (07:09)
- What is Ayurvedic Medicine? (09:19)
- Reed’s Journey – Mind-Body Biology (11:12)
- Shivani’s Journey – The Naïve Optimist (12:44)
- Biochemistry of Sticky Curcumin Molecule (17:20)
- Role of Black Pepper in the Formula (20:58)
- Entourage Effect – Holistic Approach to Curcumin (24:57)
- Nobel Prize, Praxis Mission, and Turmeric BioHackathon (32:48)
- Technology Allows Us to See the Complexity (40:24)
- Role of Doshas in Health (43:00)
- What are Doshas? (46:59)
- Personalized Genetic Medicine (50:05)
- Can Quantum Mechanics / AI Help? (54:54)
- Don’t Put the Frog in a Blender (58:50)
- Inflection Point | Closing Thoughts (1:01:30)
Enjoy the Show!