BioHackers Podcast Ep. 9 – Restoring Native American Research featuring Reno Charette
November 28, 2022
David James Clarke IV and Alex Feltus featuring Reno Charette
Welcome to Episode 9 of the BioHackers Podcast!
In this episode, David and Alex welcome the inspirational Reno Charette (Sees a Circled Rainbow) from American Indian Higher Education Consortium. Together, they discuss Reno’s fascinating journey from Miss Indian Montana to indigenous healthcare research, the power of community, STEM education, and all the amazing things native and western people can teach each other.
Watch the Video Podcast on YouTube: https://youtu.be/TFb7vOoZXmA
Here is a list of topics:
- Welcome to Episode 9 (00:00)
- Empowering Access with Indigenous Context (01:25)
- Value of Perspective in Learning (03:39)
- Welcome Reno to the Show (07:00)
- Reno’s Amazing Story – Running (07:54)
- Reno Gets Serious in College (12:42)
- Bull Riding Native Math to Success (16:34)
- Reno’s Transition Into Native-centric Projects (24:44)
- Native + Western Have a lot to Teach Each Other (30:57)
- Eldest Daughter of an Eldest Daughter … (37:29)
- Aseto’ne Virtual Institute (41:15)
- Great Native BioHackathon Ideas (45:57)
- Restoring Native Research – First Baby Steps (54:11)
- Global Virtual Tribal University (59:10)
- Closing Thoughts (1:06:48)
Enjoy the Show!