Welcome to Episode 7 of the BioHackers Podcast!
In this episode, David and Alex welcome space biologist Josh Vandenbrink to the show. Together, they discuss the James Webb Space Telescope, heliotropism, overcoming the challenges of space science, NASA GeneLab, Arabidopsis, the Praxis Pyramid, and feeding colonists on Mars.
Watch the Video Podcast on YouTube: https://youtu.be/mK3uMV0_PAY
Here is a list of topics:
- Welcome to Episode 7 (00:00)
- James Webb Space Telescope (01:37)
- Perspective = Outer Space + Inner Space (06:30)
- Welcome Josh to the Show (09:48)
- Josh’s Story in Biosciences (14:23)
- Josh’s Clemson Adventure (18:48)
- Space and Plant Heliotropism (21:01)
- Feeding Colonists on Mars (25:00)
- NASA GenLab: Mice & Rice (28:00)
- When Are You Visiting the Space Station? (35:23)
- Golden Age of Space Science (43:02)
- Josh is a Space V.I.P. (49:20)
- Major in What You Love … and Learn Python (56:23)
- Interdisciplinary Nature of Bioinformatics (01:05:25)
- What is a BioHacker to You? (01:08:55)
Enjoy the Show!