Welcome to Episode 5 of the BioHackers Podcast!
In this episode, David and Alex welcome famous inventor and systems theorist Ken Matusow to the show. Together, they discuss the emergence of quantum mechanics as a tool for curing cancer, the power of imaginary numbers, the New Renaissance, quantum weirdness, and valuable life lessons learned from Isaac Asimov’s Foundation trilogy.
Watch the Video Podcast on YouTube: https://youtu.be/isBLpZwArgc
Here is a list of topics:
- Welcome to Episode 5 (00:00)
- Complexity: The New Renaissance (01:32)
- How Can Quantum Mechanics Explain Biology? (06:21)
- Welcome Ken to the Show (09:50)
- Ken’s Story: Serendipity and Silicon Valley (11:50)
- The New Renaissance and Deeper Truth (18:05)
- Quantum Mechanics as a Tool for Curing Cancer (25:14)
- Tricorder: 4-Dimensional Tools to Understand Complexity (35:10)
- Foundation 2022: Paper 1 – Uncertainty (39:25)
- Quantum Weirdness: Nature Isn’t Weird (44:29)
- The New Renaissance: Education Transformation (47:26)
- Foundation 2022: Paper 2 – Nentropy (54:47)
- How To Roll 20,000 Dice (01:00:47)
- Foundation 2022: Paper 3 – Predicate (01:07:01)
- Psychohistory: Ability to Understand our New Reality (01:12:45)
- Supercomputer-powered Systems Biology (01:14:40)
- What is a BioHacker to You? (01:19:20)
- Closing Thoughts (01:24:00)
Enjoy the Show!
Link to Alex’s Paper on Quantum Mechanics in Cancer: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29802335/