BioHackers Podcast Ep. 4 – Dynamic Cellular Models featuring Marc Birtwistle
July 07, 2022
David James Clarke IV and Alex Feltus featuring Marc Birtwistle
Welcome to Episode 4 of the BioHackers Podcast!
In this episode, David and Alex welcome Marc Birtwistle to the show. Together, they discuss mathematical modeling as a time machine for the cell, the lab of the future, great advice for careers in science, kinesthetic learning, and Marc’s cool new company, Blotting Innovations.
Watch the Video Podcast on YouTube: https://youtu.be/ATWPnCblx0M
Here is a list of topics:
- Welcome to Episode 4 (00:00)
- In Silico Science (01:01)
- Modeling Weather of the Cell (03:26)
- Welcome Marc to the Show (06:42)
- Don’t Panic – Marc’s Story I (08:54)
- Pivot into Biosciences (13:49)
- Lab of the Future (18:58)
- When You Stop Moving … You’re Dead (24:54)
- Modeling is a Time Machine (27:01)
- Causality: Standing on the Shoulders of Giants (30:26)
- Modeling is an Aha Moment for Cell Biology (33:15)
- Models as Kinesthetic Learning Tools (40:45)
- Blotting Innovations – Marc’s Story II (43:20)
- What is a BioHacker to You? (50:08)
Enjoy the Show!
Modeling Weather of the Cell
Don’t Panic – Marc’s Story I
When You Stop Moving … You’re Dead
Modeling is a Time Machine
Causality: Standing on the Shoulders of Giants
Modeling is an Aha Moment for Cell Biology
Models as Kinesthetic Learning Tools
Blotting Innovations – Marc’s Story II
What is a BioHacker to You?